Saturday 25 October 2014

Apple Honey Puff Pastry


I had extra apple, nobody want to have anymore. And I didn't want to thraw them. I thought better I make some sweet with the apples. The idea is from Baklava (Middle East Sweet). And the stuffing, I changed with stir fried apple. Yummy





Ingredients :
  • 3 apples, peeled and medium diced.
  • 2 tbsp honey.
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
  • A pinch of salt.
  • 2 tbsp butter / margarine.
  • A pack of puff pastry. (Because I used  baking tin 18 x 18 cm, I needed 3 sheets of puff pastry with size 18 x 18 cm).
  • A yolk to spread surface of puff pastry.
Instruction :
  1. Preheat butter / margarine until melted, add apple, honey and salt. Stir fry until apple are wilt, turn off the flame and set aside.
  2. Prepare the baking tin 18 x 18 cm, cover with baking paper.
  3. Preheat the oven 200°C.
  4. Placed puff pastry into baking tin 18 x 18 cm, take half of stir fried the apple and pour on to the puff pastry and spread to cover the entire surface of the puff pastry.
  5. Cover again with puff pastry. Then pour the rest of the half stir fried apples and do the same as the first layer.
  6. Last lid with the puff pastry. Cut into the diamond-shape pieces and spread with egg yolk.
  7. Bake until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...