Thursday 8 May 2014

Beehive Cake

It is my favorite cake when childhood until now. To make it, simple, easy and quick without mixer. To get brown color, we need caramelized sugar. Soft and moist. I used old recipe of my mom. Why I called old recipe, because for measuring I used a glass. We called starfruit glass for sugar (250 grs). So from 250 grs sugar I pour to my glass here, and then I used for all of measure by my glass. I don't have starfruits glass.

Ingredients :
  • 2 glasses sugar.
  • 2 glasses water.
  • 1 1/2 glasses self raising flour.
  • 1/2 glass milk powder.
  • 1/2 canned Sweetened Condensed Milk.
  • 6 eggs.
  • 2 tbsp butter/margarine.
  • 2 tsp baking soda, flatten.
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Instruction :
1. Make the caramelized sugar over medium heat.









2. Reduce heat and pour water.You need to do carefully, because of the melted sugar will issue a burst and hot steam if poured water. After pouring the water, caramelized sugar will harden. But no worries, leave it on the flame melted and mixed with water. Will produce 600 ml the molten caramel. Set aside. If  you get less than 600 ml, you can pour with water until 600 ml.



3. Mix butter/margarine, sweet condensed milk and baking soda until soft, smooth and combine evenly with tablespoon.








4. Whisk egg with a hand whisk until bubbly.


















5. Pour butter mixture into beaten egg and whisk until combine evenly.








6. Mix flour, milk powder, baking soda and vanilla. Pour into batter the liquid of caramelized sugar a bit and continued with little flour. So further alternately until the caramel and flour runs.







7. Preheat oven with temperature 170°C, bake until mature. Do tooth pick test to the cake, to get mature or not. If not sticky to tooth pick, it means the cake mature.
8. After cool in room temperature, ready to be served.



Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...